Golden Jubilee Brochure
Store Views (1)
Store Views (2)
Fire of 1940
Notes & Links
Notes and links
- Branches of Benzie & Miller's department store were also opened in Banff and Inverness.
- The Inverness store opened in 1952 at 13/17 Union Street, following the purchase of Young & Chapman. By 1960 the store had become known as Benzies of Inverness and, in addition to their Union Street store, had departments at 33-49 Baron Taylor Street and 1 Drummond Street (TV and electrical department).
- A Lamson pneumatic tube cash system was installed in the Fraserburgh store in 1934. For details of this system of cash collection, see:
- Production records of Benzie & Miller Ltd., Fraserburgh, 1887-1937, are held in the University of Glasgow Archives. See: www.archives.gla.ac.uk
- A private ledger, 1944-1958 of Benzie & Miller Ltd., Fraserburgh, is held in the Glasgow University Archives. See: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
- the Fraserburgh Heritage Centre website - www.fraserburghheritage.com
- Fraserburgh History in Photographs
- Fraserburgh - Photos through the years (Facebook group)
- Aberdeen Library Archive - Fraserburgh Herald - 1884 to 1920