Ground Rules for Lab Workers
- When you don't know what you're doing, do it neatly.
- First draw your curves, then plot the data.
- Experience is directly proportional to the equipment ruined.
- Experiments must be reproducible; they should all fail the same way.
- A record of data is essential; it indicates that you have been working.
- In case of doubt, make it sound convincing.
- Do not believe in miracles; rely on them.
- Teamwork is essential in the lab; it allows you to blame someone else.