Old PC systems
If you're still using a 486 System (and earlier and other kinds)...and/or you're trying to get the boss
And, if you've upgraded but can't bear to part with your old system...
- Successfully think it is a faster unit by slowing down YOUR thought processes by 75%.
- Post a sign on it that reads "Caution: SPEED TRAP AHEAD".
- Use the CD tray as a Cup holder.
- Draw a bulls-eye on the side and toss powerful magnets at it.
- Set that leaking paper cup of hot coffee on top of it.
- Drill a hole in the face and install a battery clock that operates at half speed.
- Install a 56k modem in it and watch the whole works go up in smoke.
- Suggest to the boss he donate it to the archeology department of a local university as a specimen.
- Trade it in for one gross of pre-formatted floppies.
- A little changing around inside and hey, you have a desk side microwave.
- Resign yourself to slow loading, and sign up for AOL.
- Lift that monitor up to eye level.
- Use it as a footrest under the desk.
- Use it as a decoy for burglars.
- Bronze it.
- Hollow it out and: a) use it to grow mushrooms. b) build little shelves in it to store CDs. c) use it as bait box. d) A toolbox for your socket set. e) Play "cover the cat" with it. f) Hinge the front cover to hide that bottle of whisky.
- Use the memory and processor chips and: a) paint them to look like caterpillars and bugs for your desktop. b) make a mobile for your workspace.
- Invert it and use it as: a) a saddlebag for your mountain bike. b) a recycling bin for the weeks newspapers c) a magazine rack.
- Convert it to a hamster cage, complete with squeaky wheel.
- Use the sides as extra space for Post-its.
- Nice flat surface for folding socks and underwear.
- Keep it in the family, give it to your parents, it's fast enough for them.