Drinking at Work
While most companies refrain from allowing consumption of alcohol on the premises, there are some arguments for changing that policy.
- It's an incentive to show up.
- It reduces stress.
- It leads to more honest communications.
- It reduces complaints about low pay.
- It cuts down on time off because you can work with a hangover.
- Employees tell management what they think, not what management wants to hear.
- It helps save on heating costs in the winter.
- It encourages carpooling.
- Increases job satisfaction because if you have a bad job you don't care.
- It eliminates vacations because people would rather come to work.
- It makes fellow employees look better.
- It makes the cafeteria food taste better.
- Bosses are more likely to hand out raises when they are merry.
- Salary negotiations are a lot more profitable.
- No one will remember your strip act at the Christmas Party.